Even after having a creatively designed portfolio website, your business may not have caught a spark in the real world. There are as the old saying goes, many a slip twixt the cup and lip. And one of the most common slip, which many small business owners tend to ignore is that of SEO. In the current Information age, when browsing on the the internet is at a lightning speed, ranking high on search engines is not merely a best practice but an imperative enterprise!
For a small business, it is primary to rank highly in local searches.Here’re the quick tips to make your business a star in local searches:
- Submitting to Directories: First and foremost, it is quite necessary for any small business to submit their website to popular online directories. Submitting your website is easy, just punch in your essential information on the popular directories. The results will start showing up shortly. The search result pages will be more likely to find you and eventually help you rank higher.
- Optimizing Meta-tags: The meta-titles and meta-descriptions of your portfolio websites are imperative for good search rankings. A plethora of businesses commit the mistake of ignoring it and eventually suffer the loss of exposure. A meta-title is typically a 70 character long tle of your website and a meta-description is a compact description of your product/services which will appear on the search engines.
- Keyword Rich Content: The hackneyed mantra of keyword rich content goes without saying. Content is king and only the content rich in keywords can get you a definite win in search rankings. Do not forget to assign descriptive alt attribute to your images as well. Use keywords in both site settings and on-page text. Many companies are running the risk of exposure by not investing the keyword rich data appropriately.
- NAP consistency: Your business’ name, address and phone number should be clearly mentioned on your website. Also, look for NAP inconsistencies of your business on other forums to prevent bad search rankings. Enabling geographical locations for your website is highly essential.
- Connect your Social Media profiles: Your social media profiles speaks volumes about your business ideology. Make sure that you've updated your social media profiles and do not forget to link it back to your website.
- Google Analytics tracking: It may also be a good idea to set-up a separate filter for your search engine rankings. Your Pixpa website comes replete with Google analytics tracking that can be used to monitor traffic directly from your Easystudio dashboard. This can help you understand the nature and behavior of your traffic. Restrategize your content according to it.
These quick tips can go a long way in building your on-site SEO. Making these quick changes will certainly improve your ratings on local searches.
Liked this post? Share it now.